When you watch your favorite movies or shows on your Samsung Smart TV, unknowingly, you will get an Error Code 202 on your TV screen. In addition, this message will pop up on the screen.
By the way, this error makes us angry and unable to watch movies or videos. However, this error may happen when your device cannot connect to the internet because of a blockage in the ISP service.
You cannot have an internet connection without an ISP service. The error code 202 prevents us from connecting your device to the ISP features. Therefore the error should be removed entirely to use the internet as well as the ISP features.
You can consider the current article as a guide that helps us to eradicate the error code 202 from the TV screen. So, let’s start to learn solutions to remove the error code from Samsung Smart TV.
How to Fix Samsung Smart TV Error Code 202?
To fix the Samsung Smart TV Error Code 202, you have to do is update your firmware and change the DNS settings on your TV. However, these error codes are completely eradicated using this guide.
Suppose your Samsung TV is not up to date, we can encounter the error code 202. So, we should check the updates of software frequently. And also, incorrect DNS code is a cause for the problem.
The following fixes are easy to apply on your Smart TV. And also this error has happened on Samsung TV models from 2010 to the present. Therefore, these instructions can rectify the problems on your Smart TV that are working on the same platform.
If you are getting the error code, you can troubleshoot the devices. Luckily, here are the methods to fix the error code 202 on your Samsung Smart TV with easy precautionary steps.
#1. Power Cycle your Device
When you encounter any issue on your device, everyone first switches off the device. This will helps to remove the problem. Follow these steps to power cycle your device easily.
- Hit the power button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Switch off the Powerpoint.
- And plug out the wire from the PowerPoint.
- Wait for 2 to 3 minutes.
- And then, plug the device wire into the power outlet.
- Switch on the Powerpoint and press the power button on the TV remote.
- Wait until your device starts.
- Now check the issue is removed.
Suppose, after doing all these steps, you can encounter the issue means you can directly proceed toward the following step to solve the error.
Check this: How to Watch SEC Network on Vizio Smart TV?
#2. Set up DNS Settings
Suppose you have the incorrect DNS address, and your router cannot connect your device to the internet connection. Therefore, you can change the DNS settings manually to eradicate the error.
Furthermore, the DNS translated the domain name into the IP address. So, it is essential for a stable internet connection. Please follow the below steps to change the DNS settings.
- Click the home button on your TV remote.
- Go to the Settings option and click the Network option.
- Choose the option Network Status and select IP Address.
- Next, click the option Enter Manually.
- Now enter 188.8.131.52. on the respective place and choose the save the settings option.
After this, switch off all your devices and wait for a few minutes. And then, switch on the device, and check that the error is resolved. If not means moving to the next fix.
#3. Update Samsung TV Firmware
Updating your Samsung Smart TV is easy, but we can’t find notifications regarding software updates. However, the notification will disappear quickly within a few minutes.
So, we should check the updates from the settings of your Smart TV. Therefore, here are the steps to update the software on your TV.
- Navigate the Settings using your TV remote.
- Choose the Support option from the settings menu.
- Click the Software update option, and then select update now.
- Now, the updates begin. And follow the instructions on the screen to install the update.
After the updates are completed, your device is automatically rebooted. Then check the error is removed. You can also use the ethernet connection to update the firmware over the internet.
Tap here: Is NewsNation on Sling TV?
#4. Restart the Router
Suppose you have a problem with the router, you can face a problem with the connectivity. So, it is best to check the router of the internet provider. Therefore, you can check the router using the following steps.
- Power off the device and unplug the wire.
- Then, power off the Router power cable and unplug it.
- Turn off the Modem and unplug the wire.
- Wait for 2 to 3 minutes.
- And then, connect all the devices to the Powerpoint and switch it on.
- Wait for a few minutes to connect all the devices.
Now, check your device for the error code that is resolved. But you have the error code on the TV screen. So, without any options, you can move to the following fix.
#5. Change the Internet Connection
Suppose the Mac address blocks your television, and your internet router can’t connect with the WiFi connection provided by that router. Therefore, using these steps, you can check the device quickly.
- Switch on your TV and go to the WiFi settings.
- Take your mobile and turn on the hotspot option.
- Now, search for the WiFi connection for nearby devices and choose your mobile name from the search results.
- Suppose your TV is connected correctly to the Mobile hotspot, then the Mac address is blocked by the internet router.
- So, you can call your ISP to unblock the MAC address of your TV.
#6. Clear Cache
This is one of the solutions to remove the error code from your TV screen. First, you can face the issue if you also have a problem with the device manager. Then, you can follow the steps to fix the issue.
- Go to the settings option, and choose the Smart TV settings option.
- Select the Device Manager option.
- Now, clean the running apps.
- Then, clean the cached memory.
- And then delete the unwanted apps that you never used.
Watch this: NFL Game Pass on Xbox: How to Install and Watch?
#7. Contact Customer Support
The last and final way to clear all your problem is to contact customer care. This way helps us to find the cause of the problem and resolve the issue from the root of the problem.
Suppose you think that you have a problem with the internet service provider. In this case, you can make a call to customer care of the internet service provider and explain your problem.
They will come to your native and provide remedies to all your problems. And then you have an issue on your device, it’s good to send feedback to the Samsung Smart TV support care.
Samsung Smart TV Error Code will disappear using these instructions. Check the device that you entered the DNS address correctly on the respective place. Furthermore, you can use a LAN to get an internet connection for your device.
If you keep your Smart TV with the latest updates, you can watch your favorite movies without error codes. The error code 202 is mainly caused due to outdated firmware.
So, keep in touch with the latest updates on your device to rectify the errors. This write-up will guide you to remove all your problems from your Smart TV and keep it in good condition.