HBO Max Not Working on Samsung TV: Are you a Samsung smart TV user? Then, you are one of the luckiest persons among smart TVusers. Yes, Samsung Smart TVs are one of the best devices that are used for streaming. It allows you to download and install various smart apps that you can use for online media streaming.
One of those apps is the HBO Max. Certainly, it provides you with some of the most amazing and exclusive content that every people like. But the frustrating part is when the app stops providing the content or completely stops working. This could be more irritating when you were eager to watch your favorite movies or TV show on HBO Max.
At such times we will be looking for a customer care number to report the issue. But wait a minute. Why call an agent when you can resolve this error by yourself. Yes, the following guide gives you the complete resolving methods to make the HBO Max app work on your Samsung Smart TV.
Why HBO Max is Not Working on Samsung Smart TV?
Certainly, there are a countable number of issues that cause the HBO Max app to fail to work on your Samsung Smart TV. Due to those minor issues ultimately you cannot continue using the respective streaming service on your smart TV. Below given are some of them.
- Using an older version of the HBO Max app
- Lack of internet connection
- Storage issues
- Failing to update your Samsung Smart TV to the latest software version
How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Samsung Smart TV?
Every issue has a solution in this world. Likewise, this issue can also be resolved and the methods to resolve it has been listed below.
Method 1: Check the Internet Connection
As soon as the HBO Max app fails to load on your Samsung Smart TV, the first thing that you have to do is check the internet connection with your Samsung TV. Because HBO Max is an online streaming app that requires an internet connection to load the content. You can easily check your Samsung TV’s internet connection using the below-given steps.
Initially Turn On your Samsung TV and navigate to the home screen.
Now, click on the Settings icon placed on the home screen.
Go to the General menu and choose the Network Status option.
With the info mentioned on this page, you can verify that whether your Samsung TV is connected to the internet or not.
Method 2: Restarting your Router
If the issue is not with your smart TV then it could be with your wireless router. Certainly, the router is the device that supplies internet to the smart devices like smart TV, smartphone, and much more at your home.
The issue with that device will cause every device relying on it to stop working. Following are the steps by which you can easily restart your router.
- At first, Turn Off your router and unplug the power cable from the socket.
- Wait for some time and again plug in the cable to the power socket.
Method 3: Power Cycle your Samsung TV
The word power cycling refers to restarting and refreshing your Samsung TV. Certainly, it also refreshes the apps that are present in the respective device.
It resolves the technical glitches that are making the apps stop working. Continue with the below-given steps to easily power cycle your Samsung Smart TV.
- Turn Off your Samsung TV and unplug the power cord from the power socket.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes and again plug in the power cable to the socket and give power to it.
- Turn On your Samsung Smart TV and check to open the HBO Max app.
Method 4: Freeing up some space on your Samsung TV
Every app on your smart TV will create some invisible data that are stored in the background. It becomes useless when you are not using that respective app.
Certainly, the problem is, the cache and the useless data of never-used apps will affect the performance of the primary app that we wish to use. Use the following steps to resolve this issue by yourself.
- Navigate to the Home Screen on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Then, move to the Apps category.
- Now click on the Gear icon that is present at either of the corners.
- Also, choose the app that you wish to delete from your device.
- Finally, click on the Uninstall button to completely delete the particular app.
Method 5: Uninstall and Reinstall the HBO Max app on Samsung TV
If the issue is with the HBO Max app then, reinstalling is the one method that resolves the glitches with the app. Here are some fixes that you may use to resolve the HBO Max not working issue.
- Initially, navigate to the Apps section on your Samsung TV.
- Now click on the Gear icon and choose the HBO Max app from the list of apps shown.
- Finally, Click on the Delete button to uninstall the app from your device.
- Firstly, go to the Smart Hub on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Search for the HBO Max app using the on-screen keyboard.
- Choose the app and click on the Install button to get the app on your device.
Method 6: Updating HBO Max
At times, the older version of the app does not work properly. It is due to some technical glitches and bugs with the app. So it is essential to keep the apps updated to get a seamless streaming experience on your Samsung Smart TV. Use the below-given steps to update the HBO Max app on your smart TV.
- From your Samsung TV home screen move on to the Apps section.
- Then, tap on the Gear icon and choose the Updates option.
- Now select the HBO Max app from the list.
- Choose on the respective app and click on the Update button to update the HBO Max app on your Samsung Smart TV.
Method 7: Updating Samsung Smart TV
As we keep the apps on our device updated, similarly it is essential to update the device on which we stream those apps. In simple words, make sure you update your Samsung Smart TV to the latest firmware.
Chiefly the technical glitches with the streaming device can also cause the app to behave improperly. So, follow the below-given steps to successfully update your Samsung Smart TV within minutes.
- Firstly, go to the Settings menu on your Samsung TV.
- Choose the Support option.
- Followed by that click on the Software Update option.
- Finally, tap on the Update button to update your Samsung Smart TV to the latest version.
I hope, the above-given article would have cleared your queries related to the HBO Max app on Samsung TV. Due to many factors, the apps on the smart TV may stop working. Certainly, the main reason could be the lack of internet connectivity.
Without the internet connection, the HBO Max is simply an icon on your smart TV. Internet connection is very essential to load and stream content through the HBO Max on your Samsung TV. Make use of the above-given article to fix the HBO Max Not Working issue on Samsung Smart TV.