Being firestick users for the past year, I haven’t faced an issue like this? My Firestick Remote started blinking yellow light?. So, I started researching lots of Firestick communities and Google about these issues. But I didn’t get any solution for it.
After digging down a lot of research and a response from the firestick support staff, find a way to resolve the issue of the Yellow Light on the Firestick Remote. Just directly moving on to the Reson and solution to fix it.
Reasons for Firestick Remote blinking Yellow Light
As said before, there are lots of reasons causing these issues. Let’s make it simple and list it below to be easy for everyone to sort it out.
- Low Battery
- Poor Wifi Connection
- Firmware Issues
These are the reasons that cause your FirestickFirestick remote to blink yellow light.
How to Fix Firestick Remote blinking Yellow Light?
The Reson for the Firestick Remote Blinking Yellow light is due to the Low Battery. So, your firestick remote went to the discovery mode and always looking for a Pairing device. Also, It may cause due to poor wifi connection and some firmware issues.
The reasons as mentioned earlier for these issues and lots of firestick users will face them. So, we will look into a detailed guide to resolve it.
Change Your Firestick Remote Battery
By changing your Firestick remote, you can fix this issue. Sometimes the Battery has to be replaced. Due to low Battery, your remote will turn on and off repeatedly. So, it will be moving on to the discovery mode. So, try replacing the Battery.
Always keep a stock of batteries and keep changing it regularly to avoid the yellow light blinking.
Pair Firestick Remote
After replacing the Battery still, it will be flashing yellow light, and you can start pairing your Firestick remote to your Firestick TV because the Firestick remote is already in Discovery mode.
Just follow the steps to pair your FirestickFirestick Remote to your device.
- Press and hold the Home Button for the 10 seconds
- It will be looking for the Nearby device and automatically connect to the Firestick TV.
That’s it. You have successfully paired to the Firestick TV, and your Yellow light will be gone.
In Case while press the Home button, your firestick remote blinks red light. Then, you have to replace your Battery or try resetting the Firestick Remote.
Reset Firestick Remote
Mostly, the Issue resolve by changing the Battery and pairing it to the Firestick TV. In some cases, there will be a Firmware issue on your remote. So, you have to take care of it.
To resolve the issue, you have to reset the FirestickFirestick remote and pair your remote to the TV. Let’s Move to the steps.
Resetting a Firestick TV Remote is the same for all generations except the First generation.
- Unplug your Firestick TV and wait for 60 seconds
- And then, Press the Left Home and back button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Then, Remove your remote Battery.
- Wait for another 45 seconds and turn on your Firestick TV back.
- Put on your batteries and try pairing your Firestick remote.
For the First Generation Remote, Follow the steps below
- Unplug your Firestick TV and wait for a minute.
- Then Press and Hold Left Button and Menu button for 10 seconds.
- Remove your Firestick Remote battery.
- Now, Plug your Firestick TV back to power and wait for 10 seconds
- Put the Battery back onto the firestick remote.
- Press and Hold Home button for 10 seconds. It will pair with the Firestick TV.
Power Cycle Router and Check Internet Connection
It is a rare case that your router cases and issue. Suppose the issue is not resolved by following all these methods. Then, it is the only resort to resolve the issue.
- Unplug your Router Power and the ethernet cable.
- Then, unplug your firestick tv Power.
- Wait for 120 seconds and connect back all the cable and power.
It will mostly resolve the connectivity issue between the Firestick and remote.
Hope that the guide helped you resolve the Firestick remote blinking yellow light. It is a simple issue that is causing the issue, and mostly changing the Battery will do the Trick. In rare cases, you have to follow the other steps to resolve the issue.
Some reasons causing the issues are mentioned above and try to avoid it and the solutions to fix it. Still facing the issue, leave a comment below to find the solution. If it is working, leave a comment that will encourage us.
Related Smart TV Guides: